Sufficient ventilation is important to ensure that interior air, which is potentially contaminated with COVID-19, is replaced with fresh air regularly.
The greater the number of air exchanges per hour, the quicker contaminated air is flushed out of closed spaces.
The following guidelines are mandatory:
- Ensure enough ventilation.
- Operate ventilation and air conditioning units as per manufacturer instructions.
- Change filters regularly.
- Ensure filters are high efficiency.
- Ensure an adequate indoor air exchange rate is maintained. The recommendation is 6 per hour for guest rooms and 8 per hour for dining areas.
- All windows and doors must be open daily for natural ventilation, whenever possible.