The recommendations for basic personal hygiene apply to anyone regardless of occupation and apply to personal as well as professional aspects of daily life.
Assuring a high level of basic personal hygiene is the most effective way to minimize the risk of getting infected with COVID-19.
- Always recognize and follow all applicable general health and safety procedures, at work and during leisure time.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash hands with soap and water (minimum for 20 seconds) or clean hands with an alcohol-based (at least 60% alcohol or virucide) hand rub.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene: covering mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid passing on or touching items or objects.
- After touching items or objects clean hands following hygiene standards and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Always maintain at least 1.5-metres distance between persons (except for persons belonging to the same household).